Friday, May 10, 2013

Writing challenge.

A couple of weeks ago I proposed a challenge to my friends on facebook. That challenge was to write something creative based upon photographs I posted on my facebook page.  I believe that I posted a total of 8 pictures, all of which were different subject matter.  The challenge did not require the author to use each and every picture posted.  They could choose to use as many or as few as they desired.  I have given no particular time limit for these people to get their creative juices flowing. 

During the time since I have posted these pictures, and issued this challenge, I have been debating how to present these writings so that others may enjoy them as well.  I considered starting a second facebook page, but that seemed a bit too unwieldy as it would require me going and sending out friend requests again, and then i'd get confused as to which facebook page was which.  Also, I would probably forget all passwords associated with the new facebook page.  My sister suggested creating and event page to post them on, but I must admit that I'm not exactly sure how to make that work where it is constantly available.  After many, many, many minutes of pondering this dilemma, I decided to post each submission here on my blog.  I have it linked to my facebook account so that all of my friends may also connect and read as well.

I have received one submission so far, and I like it.  I will post it along with the picture she chose to use for her inspiration (assuming I can figure out how to do that). 
A few comments before I do post her writing:
This challenge is simply for entertainment.  I thought it would be cool to see what responses I would get, who would respond, and the variety it would create.  This is not the place for criticism of other's writing.  If you like a piece, that is great;  if you don't like a piece that is also great.  Our differences are what make the world interesting.  Some of you may be more experienced writers and some less experienced, and that is ok.  Some may have strengths in grammar, and some may not be as strong, but please refrain from correcting each others' grammar.  Otherwise I may be forced to eviscerate you in a forum in which you are not as strong.  And thus humiliate you in a merciless, albeit funny, manner.
now that the rules have been established, here is my first submit.  It is written by Krissany T.  and all around good person whom I enjoy having as a friend. No title that i'm aware of, but you can create your own.


With profound dignity she continues to hold her head high. Others have told her that she isn’t good enough will never be good enough but she stands strong in her belief that she can do anything and everything she sets her mind to. As they continue to tell her she can’t achieve her goals, she only pushes harder. There was a time when she believed they were right. She looked at her reflection in the ocean with a blank stare, knowing the person staring back wasn’t truly her. She was broken and weak. She felt useless and abused. She was worn down, tired of fighting and for many a moment she gave up. Then she had a sudden realization that she was not who they made her out to be and the tears she shed could never reflect the amount of love she found for herself. Tears not of sadness but of joy. Tears that streamed down her face filling her eyes like a pothole in Seattle during a November rainstorm. At this moment she realized that she didn’t need anything she had but everything she had left to get there. It was not in this moment that she found utter happiness, but she knew it was out there waiting for her on the horizon. As the sun began to set, se got on a ship and sailed towards it, far away from everything she currently knew. In that moment she was happy, even if just for a split second. All at once she felt free, gliding gracefully across the water. She knew then that nothing, no one could stop her. Knowing this she was truly happy…

here is the photo...I hope


Thank you for participating, and 2 gold stars from me to Krissany.  I hope to have other submissions soon, and maybe i'll add one of my own.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still working on mine. After the consternation the explosion caused, I may have to rething.

    ReplyDelete